UPenn - Vision Research Center Multi-Electrode Array (MEA)
Location: 124 Anat-Chem Bldg
New users, contact:
Diego Contreras, 121 Anat-Chem, firstname.lastname@example.org, 215 898 8780
Sergei Nikonov, 117 Anat-Chem, email@example.com 215 898 7536
The sign-up using the VRC Rig Room Booking System.
VRC high-density Microelectrode Array setup (Multi Channel Systems GmbH, Germany) allows simultaneous in vitro extracellular recording from multiple locations in the sample.
MEA setup includes:
- Recording chamber with the electrode array
- Perfusion system with temperature control and oxygenation capabilities
- Recording system (low noise amplifiers and custom built data acquisition software)
- Light stimulation system
- Number of recording fields: 2
- Number of electrodes in a field: 30
- Electrode layout: rectangular grid
- Electrode diameter: 10 micrometer
- Distance between electrodes: 30 micrometer
- Internal reference electrode
- full-field flashes at user-defined intervals
- full-field flicker at a specified contrast
- white noise checkerboards.
We also have the capability to present custom-generated monochromatic stimuli from a user-supplied MATLAB file. Stimuli that we have used in the past include full-field flicker with values drawn from naturalistic distributions, correlated noise, and drifting bars.